The Beginning to the End. Epic Games Exclusivity...How's it going for the community...spoilers it's bad.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The team agrees 100% on that. As long as the community guidelines are respected, everyone is welcome to voice their opinion. The team is working on a "back from vacation" news and statement and we

+1000 It is *absolutely* understandable to prioritize development over communication, for a small dev team that can't afford a full time PR/communications staff. But a game community needs S

yes, almost a month past, gotta be a really long "back from vacation" post.

Posted Images

On 9/8/2021 at 3:36 AM, fgrjeiwgjrep said:

i still think fjrd interactive is one guy, acting on three, got work way over his head. no communication because in favor of development? im sorry, a couple of minutes a week to write some small "still alive" post... damn, you really need to learn how to manage time and work. The dev road map also is not i use anymore. So many red flags, unable to count anymore. I regret "investing" 20 bucks into the alpha on itch.

A previous post that similar to your post  I responded to may have some information for you. Warning take the following post with grain salt and any info neither CREDITABLE  or UNCREDITABLE. 

image.thumb.png.0d8b270ef4294e61c8da3c667dded6f0.png

image.thumb.png.c3339feadc899ab7cc825f7de287ac7a.png

I have suggestion for anyone invested in game big or small regardless how you feel one way or the other about the game, the developers, the  process, the studio, and or epic games in end it's their project not mine or yours. Those the project is not mine I still have a right to my opinion and voice as long as its within guidelines of forum along with everyone else. 

Edited by allsmilesb
typo
On 9/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, allsmilesb said:

Those the project is not mine I still have a right to my opinion and voice as long as its within guidelines of forum along with everyone else. 

The team agrees 100% on that. As long as the community guidelines are respected, everyone is welcome to voice their opinion.

The team is working on a "back from vacation" news and statement and we will address the date change on Steam.

As we wrote in a previous post in the forum our communication has been more than lacking in the past few months and however good we think our excuses are, the facts still remain the same, and on that part we did fail the community. We apologize for this.

The team is still 100% dedicated to the game and we are currently working on a big upcoming update.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Rineux said:

There's actually been some updates on the roadmap a few days ago I just noticed. The May update has been retroactively added, a few new items are now on there, and a few old ones have been changed.

BOOKMARK AND UNOFFICIAL UPDATE

image.thumb.png.8968339887817c2640db183f3176a067.png

image.thumb.png.9936d45f5eb26defb5b84f2877ee6310.png

image.thumb.png.9ac48f8d080b24643ef6691cc91ec5c8.png

Thanks again for the update Rineux.

OFFICIAL SPECIFIC GAME UPDATE 

image.thumb.png.d8955657c7b252f18f2e480c175e05b4.png

BOOKMARK

image.thumb.png.055469d4466b911bdaa8c2aab1147bac.png

The update to the game is nice but I was looking for the promised  "back from vacation news and statement". A lot has been unsaid and communication is nonexistent except for acknowledging no communication and doing unexpected and unannounced (announcing a game update the moment it is live with out context or precursor to what update may be or when or what next one will be is problematic)  game updates. 

Edited by allsmilesb
typo
  • allsmilesb changed the title to The Beginning to the End. Epic Games Exclusivity...How's it going for the community...spoilers it's bad.

OFFICIALLY THE END

image.thumb.png.6ff05eb2bb27a9b39d9c4c285518b46c.png

On 11/2/2021 at 2:42 PM, allsmilesb said:

Epic games exclusivity ends and now Among Trees is open to other platforms. Among Trees releases on Steam Nov 10 but in what capacity? Is Among Trees on steam going to be just the current build alpha? NOPE THE GAME IS DROPPED AS IS AND NO FURTHER CONTENT

image.png

Edited by allsmilesb
On 11/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, Rineux said:

Oof, people on Facebook are not having it 😅 I really wonder how reviews will turn out. Guess we'll see in a week.

@FJRD Shep When can we count on that "back from vacation" statement btw? 😛

The release of the alpha and telling everybody that they end support of the game by end of year IS their statement 🙄

• Like 1