*sound of crickets*

6 hours ago, FJRD Shep said:

No plans for crickets yet... (the CM attempt at a joke)

The team is 100% working and focused on the game and the next update. 
As soon as we have something worthy to share, you'll be the firsts to know! 

Thanks, just making sure its not abandoned or anything.

• 1 month later...

I loved the trailer for this game on Epic Games and I'm really interested in it but it looks like it hasn't been updated in a long time and there hasn't been *any* news posted about it. This thread is now even 2 months old. Hell, even the roadmap shows only items listed since June 2020 with no new additions or even completed projects. Is this title dead?

Edited by Novamourne
  • Like 2

@Novamourne The title is still alive and kicking. There hasn't been anything worth updating at this time. I follow the community and the bug reports. The devs are working on fixing issues that we report to them. Some are very minor that a full update wouldn't be relevant. I have seen hotfixes put out that we didn't realize were fixed until we play the game again or try to recreate them. The Devs mainly update and post in the bug forums letting us know "it's been addressed", or "it has been fixed.".

On the main page here; this is where they would update us on a large, major update releases.

I hope this helps.

• Dislike 1

Among Trees isn't going away anytime soon. Work is being done on the project and will continue to be done unless said otherwise. Devs are hard at work, don't pressure them please. They need time to make things and requests for their responses is needy and counter-productive. Let them work and please be patient

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 6:27 PM, PharingWell said:

Among Trees isn't going away anytime soon. Work is being done on the project and will continue to be done unless said otherwise. Devs are hard at work, don't pressure them please. They need time to make things and requests for their responses is needy and counter-productive. Let them work and please be patient

Asking for an occasional update on the game is not being needy. It only takes 5 minutes to comment on the progress of a game and if it can't be done for months on end that is a problem. I just bought this game and seeing now that there hasn't been a major update since November is setting off warning signals for me.  If I would have realized this before I bought it I probably would have waited.

• Like 4

Hi Cymmy,

I believe there is a solution for you. Uninstall the game. I believe your $13 can be spent elsewhere where you can get instant gratification on a game you clearly knew was EA. We all wish you the best.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5
On 5/14/2021 at 3:28 AM, whiner said:

Hi Cymmy,

I believe there is a solution for you. Uninstall the game. I believe your $13 can be spent elsewhere where you can get instant gratification on a game you clearly knew was EA. We all wish you the best.

I have no problem buying a game that is EA and in fact a large percentage of my games are EA. some devs know how to communicate with their base and some don't. The ones that don't worry me. Several of my games that had uncommunicative devs dried and and blew away. I simply said it is a warning sign because it only take a few minutes to update and if I had noticed I would have waited until they made another update to make sure that wasn't the case here. So no, I don't thing its too much to ask for an occasional update, say once a month? That isn't being needy or showing high expectations.

• Like 3

Your updates would include "we're working on features that we're excited to share with you guys", "the feature we were excited to show you got cut" "we're starting a new feature" "it didn't fit with the flow of the game"

Personally, I wouldn't mind those updates. but it's not something the dev team wants to do atm

• 2 months later...

A very defensive community here, some players prefer getting frequent updates after being scammed several times in the past. Me among them. I have kickstarted/early game adopted dozens of games and I can see a pattern here. Frequent and better communication would solve the issue.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:28 PM, whiner said:

Hi Cymmy,

I've seen the EA excuse used a lot in my day, but I don't think I've ever seen it used to justify developer absence. Most of the games I play are in or started off in EA and they were all very vocal about their directions, changes, thoughts/concepts, as well as patch content and updates. In other words, if anything, being in EA should be used in the opposing argument - they should have plenty to share right now.

On 4/30/2021 at 11:27 AM, PharingWell said:

I don't think expecting an update more often than once a year on a title in EA is being needy. As I said above, EA titles have plenty to share and in all the many EA titles I've bought and played, none of them have been radio silent. There's always plenty to talk about.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2021 at 6:57 AM, anavarrog said:

A very defensive community here, some players prefer getting frequent updates after being scammed several times in the past. Me among them. I have kickstarted/early game adopted dozens of games and I can see a pattern here. Frequent and better communication would solve the issue.

With all due respect...  your preferences are your problem.  I personally find it pathetic that people feel entitled to a bunch of stuff because they spent a few bucks on a game.  "I bought your game, and now you work for me."  That's delusional thinking.

• Dislike 4
1 hour ago, timidpimpin said:

With all due respect...  your preferences are your problem.  I personally find it pathetic that people feel entitled to a bunch of stuff because they spent a few bucks on a game.  "I bought your game, and now you work for me."  That's delusional thinking.

I completely agree with you, timidpimpin.  As long as I know the project isn't dead (as pointed out by the dev himself) I'm fine with the frequency of the updates on this EA. Even if it was dead, I enjoyed the experience I had. Paying under $15USD for an EA I'm fine with. (If I payed $30, we would be having a different conversation! LOL)

I understand this is not a big devhouse. It's a couple of people (or one) who had a vision and they are working on making that vision a realization. We are along for the ride and give our input on our experience in that vision and suggest ideas or voice on a mechanic that isn't working out and suggest a change to it or request it being removed. I believe the amount of devs is very, very small. I'm pretty sure this is not their only priority. Everyone has lives. (I hope.)  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3
On 8/13/2021 at 10:56 PM, timidpimpin said:

Wow, this escalated quickly. What a movie you created there, I suppose Larian Studios spoiled me.

Edited by anavarrog
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2
9 hours ago, Blowfeld said:

Lots of people have given up on the game by now.  Devs have nothing much to show for since the game has been put on EGS. On Steam the scheduled release date is Autumn this year, which I am highly doubtful of or we just get a super unfinished game.

Stating "Lots of people have given up on the game", comes off as baseless claim if you don't back it up with evidence. "Devs have noithing much to show since the game has been put on EGS" is comment that is speculation at best. You are referencing steam's scheduled release date is Autumn not considering the possibility that released date is actually pre pandemic and possibly Steam has not got around sorting out the release date with Epic games. Unless things have changed behind the scenes from what I know from what they stated in one or two official emails that Epic games has exclusive deal with Among Trees for 15 month which started back when they released early access on Epic. In the forums the community manager address the release of the steam version which he stated the steam version would be available September of 2021. What devs, pr members and community members state in forums isn't a binding contract so....take everything with grain of salt. The devs or community managers or pr reps have addressed that the devs made a internal decision to bring communication to bare minimum to focus more on development. Regardless the studio and egs have address most of your concerns and the they can't be held responsible for speculation or misinformation. 

For what it's worth I do agree  the communication on the development of game is not ideal however the devs,studio, and/or egs stated what their reasoning and made their commitment moving forward. As far I have seen they are pleased and optimistic on development of the game then good for them. 

image.thumb.png.d6437ac65a095242882013df48ee9323.png

image.thumb.png.42c83e6aaf04c5135b21cac277ed47dd.png 

True, but they also said they'd keep updating the game on Itch and then just.... didn't, so we'll have to see. The price drop on Epic and the non-existent roadmap have me wary - I have a suspicion that it will release on Steam a bit later and what it is then is gonna be it, that's gonna be the whole scope of the game. They'll finish up and be done with it.

Edited by Rineux
  • Like 4
On 8/13/2021 at 10:56 PM, timidpimpin said:

You changed your mind since February ... wildly: 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We will share here, several post scattered on the forum that the team wrote today. So it's easier for the community members who follow this post to continue the discussion here.

"The team accept valid constructive criticism. And we definitively acknowledge and recognize that the team has been too silent and absent for the past few months online.
More silent than even we would like.
In the game dev' world there is many things that goes on behind close doors and some stuff needs to be worked out and discussed before anything can go public and/or shared.

What I can say and that is true is that the team is 100% dedicated to Among Trees as it's the only project and game the studio is working on. That yes we are not a big team but this is not a "one man job" as....speculated. 

(...)

Now that all cards are on the "table". We do have some news. We will share them once the team has properly worked on its statement.

We can however reassure you that we are as we mentioned earlier 100% dedicated to the game, that Among Trees is our only game, project so of course our only priority, that the project isn't dead and that the team is working hard on a very awaited update with new game dynamics.

The team has and is pouring its heart and soul into it but we also know that we have been more than lacking in the communication department. 
We take 100% responsibility for it and that however good our excuses from our point of view are, the facts stays the same. We failed and are failing on that.

And there's no way around it, so we won't even try to justify it with empty excuses."

____

"The team is working on a "back from vacation" news and statement.

As we wrote in a previous post in the forum our communication has been more than lacking in the past few months and however good we think our excuses are, the facts still remain the same, and on that part we did fail the community. We apologize for this.

The team is still 100% dedicated to the game and we are currently working on a big upcoming update."

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1