*sound of crickets*

On 9/13/2021 at 7:38 PM, Rineux said:

Agreed! Very glad something is happening to address the issues, and kudos on acknowledging the problems and not tip-toeing around it. Looking forward to what's coming up!

Well, maybe lets wait for something real to happen, not just some words and a lot of 100%s.

Edited by fgrjeiwgjrep
  • Dislike 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Disappointing to see the lack of progress on this from when I got it last year. Its been a rough year, but the lack of communication still seems to be ongoing, and after saying it would be done better? Seeing that its not leaves me with the idea that theres a bit of disconnect between the whole team.

• Like 1

I have to agree that the lack of any meaningful communication from the devs, beyond "we got it wrong; we'll do better", is very disappointing.

They have recognised that many players view their lack of communication as worrying, but have done nothing to remedy the situation.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

"Now that all cards are on the "table". We do have some news. We will share them once the team has properly worked on its statement."

Over a month, now since this was said. Kind of a long time to work on a statement... 

I'm not inclined to give up on something easily, but whether or not this IS dead, it doesn't bode well for things like patches/future updates if y'all can't even release a statement within 30 days of announcing it. 

Communication is a pivotal part of any successful relationship and while I can understand the development team is very small, it doesn't take long to give one or two updates a month. No Man's Sky and The Long Dark are both early access games that have fairly small dev teams (17 and 25 person teams but started out much smaller - NMS with 6 people and Hinterland started with 5), yet they (the former especially) are always certain to leave updates, even if it's just a reminder they're still doing work. Obsidian is another example - granted a larger team (50 members total) - the game Grounded is being developed by a 14 persom team. They run a discord and twitter, both with near constant updates and responses. 

If you're really that pressed for time that you can't take ten minutes to update the folks who paid for your product, maybe you need to hire some more employees... Might I recommend an HR rep?? 

Edited by ElleJoy1386
Forgot something
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, that's a wtf moment!  I'm gutted.  To lose all my game play and to get the equivalent of a "Dear John" letter from the Devs, all on the same day....

There was so much more that could have been done with this game; so many features which could have been added.  It's so sad that such a beautiful world has been abandoned.

As one of the key defenders of the devs progress over the last year or so, this is a major disappointment and a slap in the face by the devs. Convincing others that the devs are still working on more content for the game makes me feel used and abandoned. I feel like they took the early access money from us and showed us the finger as they get on the departing train from the station. With just one map, nothing to build on once you finish exploring every inch of the map. With that announcement, a lot of us have already hit end-game a long time ago. So surviving the bears is the only challenge? And we cannot kill them only avoid them? Come on. Sad to say, this is almost as a let down as the ending to Stranded-Deep, but very close to it. Guess I'll uninstall it and move on since there isn't anything else to do with the game. 

And knowing there is no end-game to really speak of, it doesn't have any replay-ability to speak of so I will not be installing it again. 

@Rineux Yes. Yes, you called it. It is sad, but true.

5 hours ago, Rineux said:

It's most likely just the current alpha build. Epic exclusivity ended so Steam is supposed to have game on it's store because the game was originally on steam before epic games. I said the alpha build is most likely what is going to be released on the game but how the latest update to game has ending sequence for just completing very small scope of items, features and exploration is a worry some sign. 

2 hours ago, doutrnz said:

As one of the key defenders of the devs progress over the last year or so, this is a major disappointment and a slap in the face by the devs. Convincing others that the devs are still working on more content for the game makes me feel used and abandoned. I feel like they took the early access money from us and showed us the finger as they get on the departing train from the station. With just one map, nothing to build on once you finish exploring every inch of the map. With that announcement, a lot of us have already hit end-game a long time ago. So surviving the bears is the only challenge? And we cannot kill them only avoid them? Come on. Sad to say, this is almost as a let down as the ending to Stranded-Deep, but very close to it. Guess I'll uninstall it and move on since there isn't anything else to do with the game. 

And knowing there is no end-game to really speak of, it doesn't have any replay-ability to speak of so I will not be installing it again. 

@Rineux Yes. Yes, you called it. It is sad, but true.

I wouldn't take it so personally nor is that serious this stuff happens more often than you would think.  For the devs I wouldn't quite fault for how things are going entirely on their shoulders . FJRD interactive is small studio making their first game and in one most ruthless markets out there. Established and seasoned development studios  before and during the crisis have made  similar and worth mistakes in development of a game. Unfortunately publishing studios have only garners more power and influence over studios and videogame market purely because they have capital and dev  studios especially smalls don't have means to get funs to produce game on their own. Devs have to make compromises and well sometimes those compromises are at sacrifice control over their own IP to a publishing studio. Hard say what's going on with FJRD/Epic games but  video history has shown majority complication problems that rise during and after the develop of the game leads back to the publishing studio backing the game rarely is it the fault solely on the devs. The only recent memory of devs sole at fault for the problems of games develop and finished project is Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk which is done by cd projekt red which is both a development and publishing studio. 

4 hours ago, allsmilesb said:

It's most likely just the current alpha build. Epic exclusivity ended so Steam is supposed to have game on it's store because the game was originally on steam before epic games.

It says “We're planning to fix bugs until the end of the year, but don't expect any major new features or content. It's a game we could keep working on forever, but we'll be moving on to new exciting projects for now!” They are done developing Among Trees, it's not an alpha anymore.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Rineux said:

It says “We're planning to fix bugs until the end of the year, but don't expect any major new features or content. It's a game we could keep working on forever, but we'll be moving on to new exciting projects for now!” They are done developing Among Trees, it's not an alpha anymore.

Woops I missed that 🤣 part. Lol. Well I am not surprised by the out come I actually saw it mile away but didn't have any concrete evidence but I do have one telling sign that I knew this was going to happen. I will post it in my thread  that many I think will find interesting about Epic deal with Among Trees ...I will say this it was a package deal.

LOL and i got so many dislikes for my calling out the obvious posts. what a wild ride. game is dead and was since the early access release on epic.

i guess the "back from vacation" post never comes. understandable, what to write after basically a 13 month vacation since the release on epic.

just a shameless rip off and endless lies. thanks.

Edited by fgrjeiwgjrep
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, fgrjeiwgjrep said:

LOL and i got so many dislikes for my calling out the obvious posts. what a wild ride. game is dead and was since the early access release on epic.

i guess the "back from vacation" post never comes. understandable, what to write after basically a 13 month vacation since the release on epic.

just a shameless rip off and endless lies. thanks.

There are times when being right is not a good thing 😞

• Like 1