Update 0.5.16 October 27, 2021

image.thumb.png.4c287aea07ffbc2858a31f426efb9639.png

New features:
Hydration. You now also have to stay hydrated to survive. Water canteen item is added to the crafting menu.

Instant crafting item to inventory when pressing the craft button.

Custom keybinds. An all new keybind system which can be customized in the pause menu.

Changes:
The bear now avoids stealth grass until he has noticed you.

Added death by bear attack sequence.

Improved bear texture and shader.

Replaced unity start resolution dialogue with "screen settings" in pause menu.

When getting 100% progress you'll unlock a Hiking Pack blueprint. Using this item will show an outro then end the game.

Loot animation for Cattail, driftwood, Hoof fungus, Stump moss, Trunk resin, and Limestone

Updated outfits and backpack icons

Added quote to loader instead of hint

Adjusted the locked crafting icons visuals

Added second bear hint after the first one to replace the info in the loader.

Added click sounds in start menu

Added delay timer when looting to not be able to bug-out the loot animation.

Moved the settings to new settings.txt file to not having to update settings on new save games.

Added SFX and button indication when discarding item

Adjusted fox legs to fit more naturally to terrain and reducing weird foot placements.

Clamped cold resistance stats in outfits to 0.1 to make if more visually pleasing.

Updated cloud save settings on EGS to sync the whole Among Trees folder.

Increased FOV and added FOV animation when picking up cooked food and using tools

Updated sticks that spawn from larches to correct prefab.

Changed the key input for planting plants to primary interaction to reduce bindable keys.

Updated polished transmission tower mesh in loot areas

Lowered spawn rate of ruby beet and added burdock root to main spawn system.

Optimized materials used on tree billboards

Optimized secondary Pine to have less polygons.

Switched to temporal anti aliasing for better visual quality.

Increased puffball mushroom spawn rate

Replaced the "New Game" button with an "Exit to Main Menu" in the Death menu.

Bugfixes:
"Junk pile not updating item availability after freeing space on inventory." - fixed

Fixed "Inventory full" text bleed on junk pile items

Blocked the "remove note" button when writing reports

Clamped the adding sticks to stove feature to reduce wasted sticks.

"Can't pick up decoration items on the right-side shelf at the kitchen" - fixed

"Taming the pet with a compass in hand."  - fixed

"Stuck on crafting table after crafting." This should not be a problem with the new instant crafting system.

"Plants growing too quickly" - fixed

"Dead plants can't be discarded" - fixed

"Trees falling onto other trees or stumps do not drop items. " The trees now detect more obstacles and should spawn items when hitting them, also if it doesn't hit anything in 5 seconds it will spawn items anyway.

Fixed and issue in the Pet menu buttons flashes randomly when pressing a pet command

"Pressing any quickslot while reporting a bug will take effect and display "Event recieved"" - ixed

"The information panel for the craftable backpacks in the sewing room will display the 12-slot image for both 14-slot and 16-slot backpacks" Fixed

"Can't pick up decoration items on the right-side shelf at the kitchen if the brewing room is built" - fixed

"Dead plants on planters with fully grown plants will revive when loading the save" - fixed

"Water level on plants might display that of another plant" - fixed

Fixed a bug when you would save a game while having an energy boost, it would set your sprint speed to 0 upon loading the save file.

Fixed a bug where the fox would walk on lakes.
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, FJRD said:
image.thumb.png.4c287aea07ffbc2858a31f426efb9639.png

New features:
Hydration. As with food you now have to drink water. Water canteen item is also added.

Instant crafting item to inventory when pressing the craft button.

Custom keybinds. An all new keybind system which can be customized in the pause menu.

Changes:
The bear now avoids stealth grass until he has noticed you.

Added death by bear attack sequence.

Improved bear texture and shader.

Replaced unity start resolution dialogue with "screen settings" in pause menu.

When getting 100% progress you'll unlock a Hiking Pack blueprint. Using this item will show a text then end the game.

Loot animation for Cattail, driftwood, Hoof fungus, Stump moss, Trunk resin, and Limestone

Updated outfits and backpack icons

Added quote to loader instead of hint

Adjusted the locked crafting icons visuals

Added second bear hint after the first one to replace the info in the loader.

Added click sounds in start menu

Added delay timer when looting to not be able to bug-out the loot animation.

Moved the settings to new settings.txt file to not having to update settings on new save games.

Added SFX and button indication when discarding item

Adjusted fox legs to fit more naturally to terrain and reducing weird foot placements.

Clamped cold resistance stats in outfits to 0.1 to make if more visually pleasing.

Updated cloud save settings on EGS to sync the whole Among Trees folder.

Increased FOV and added FOV animation when picking up cooked food and using tools

Updated sticks that spawn from larches to correct prefab.

Changed the key input for planting plants to primary interaction to reduce bindable keys.

Updated polished transmission tower mesh in loot areas

Lowered spawn rate of ruby beet and added burdock root to main spawn system.

Optimized materials used on tree billboards

Optimized secondary Pine to have less polygons.

Switched to temporal anti aliasing for better visual quality.

Increased puffball mushroom spawn rate

Replaced the "New Game" button with an "Exit to Main Menu" in the Death menu.

Bugfixes:
"Junk pile not updating item availability after freeing space on inventory." - fixed

Fixed "Inventory full" text bleed on junk pile items

Blocked the "remove note" button when writing reports

Clamped the adding sticks to stove feature to reduce wasted sticks.

"Can't pick up decoration items on the right-side shelf at the kitchen" - fixed

"Taming the pet with a compass in hand."  - fixed

"Stuck on crafting table after crafting." This should not be a problem with the new instant crafting system.

"Plants growing too quickly" - fixed

"Dead plants can't be discarded" - fixed

"Trees falling onto other trees or stumps do not drop items. " The trees now detect more obstacles and should spawn items when hitting them, also if it doesn't hit anything in 5 seconds it will spawn items anyway.

Fixed and issue in the Pet menu buttons flashes randomly when pressing a pet command

"Pressing any quickslot while reporting a bug will take effect and display "Event recieved"" - ixed

"The information panel for the craftable backpacks in the sewing room will display the 12-slot image for both 14-slot and 16-slot backpacks" Fixed

"Can't pick up decoration items on the right-side shelf at the kitchen if the brewing room is built" - fixed

"Dead plants on planters with fully grown plants will revive when loading the save" - fixed

"Water level on plants might display that of another plant" - fixed

Fixed a bug when you would save a game while having an energy boost, it would set your sprint speed to 0 upon loading the save file.

Fixed a bug where the fox would walk on lakes.

Happy that game development is still coming along but a projection of maybe teams final  vision for game as well as eta on games final build would be nice. 

Please elaborate on the below. Will my save file be deleted? Can I go back into it and play more? I understand the "completionist" idea, but I'm one of those players that likes to play this game to relax & chill and I hope you're not going to ruin that with this update.

When getting 100% progress you'll unlock a Hiking Pack blueprint. Using this item will show an outro then end the game.

20 hours ago, ElleJoy1386 said:

Still no update on the painfully impossible fishing mechanics, eh? Too bad.

It's difficult of course to fish, but I think I like the difficulty)) it's more similar to real life and gives an activity you can peacefully spend the whole day doing) 

14 hours ago, SestraPrior said:

Could it be that this "update" has caused the entire loss of my game?  I received a notification that there was a sync issue, went with the most recent save, and found that there was then no saved game to log into. 😞 😞 😞 

Any suggestions?

I Lost my games as well. i had to start over. I received the same sync notification.

• Sad 1
On 11/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, SestraPrior said:

Could it be that this "update" has caused the entire loss of my game?  I received a notification that there was a sync issue, went with the most recent save, and found that there was then no saved game to log into. 😞 😞 😞 

Any suggestions?

Same happened to me, I'm devastated that I lost all my progress... 😭 Please, is there any way to get the game file back?

My gut feeling told me to press "local file" - if it wasn't for Epic's advice to click the newer file (cloud file) on their thread "How do I handle Cloud Save conflicts in the Epic Games Launcher?", I might still have the save file... wonder if it would have been compatible with the new update. Are there people who haven't lost their save files?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 2:28 PM, Kateeeee said:

It's difficult of course to fish, but I think I like the difficulty)) it's more similar to real life and gives an activity you can peacefully spend the whole day doing) 

Nah dude LOL It's impossible if you're on a laptop. The fishing mechanics REQUIRE a functional mouse, in order to properly utilize the push/pull tug. There's really honestly zero reason the fishing needs to be so difficult when the rest of the game's harvesting mechanics are absolutely brainless.