Among Trees is out now on Steam!

We’re happy to announce that Among Trees is finally out on Steam and out of Early Access!

It's been a long journey since we started slowly showing gifs of Among Trees online, then doing our pre-alpha in 2019 and now Among Trees is finally available on Steam and out of Early Access.

We've been developing Among Trees for almost five years now and feel like we've taken the game to a great place. We're planning to fix bugs and optimize the game until the end of the year, but don't expect any major new features or content. It's a game we could keep working on forever, but we'll be moving on to new exciting projects for now! 

Thank you again for your support throughout the years. 

Among Trees on Steam

• Dislike 3

@FJRD Shep

Sad to hear the end of new features so soon. But I understand it from a business standpoint.
Well and players nowadays don't know anymore how it is when a game comes out ... and THATS IT. 😄 

But I think now could be the right time to talk about modding AT. 🙂

Is there an official statement already or something planned? Would you allow modding officially? Maybe even lend a hand and/or some information on the internals of the game?
The game is highly moddable already, but with just a bit of help I think AT could make a nice basis for some more custom gameplay in the future.

While I don't have much time for it myself right now (for actual mods that is), I'd be happy to talk on what could be done and what we would need to keep the show running a bit longer.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Kateeeee said:

can I download it in steam instad of epic games without paying twice? is there a way?

This question is one of mine as well, and so fare I do not have the answer for it, so I keep looking for one ...

But, will not the version on the Epic store, also be fully "released"?

Me, wonder what's coming out of the fog here ...

On 11/10/2021 at 8:57 AM, FJRD Shep said:

We’re happy to announce that Among Trees is finally out on Steam and out of Early Access!

It's been a long journey since we started slowly showing gifs of Among Trees online, then doing our pre-alpha in 2019 and now Among Trees is finally available on Steam and out of Early Access.

We've been developing Among Trees for almost five years now and feel like we've taken the game to a great place. We're planning to fix bugs and optimize the game until the end of the year, but don't expect any major new features or content. It's a game we could keep working on forever, but we'll be moving on to new exciting projects for now! 

Thank you again for your support throughout the years. 

Among Trees on Steam

So what about the promise of the full, final version of the game for free (steam key) for all of those who purchased the alpha version??

I wonder, what version are available on Steam now? in regards to the version living on Epic Store, where I assume follows the Patch notes on this forum, current 0.5.32, November 12, 2021.

What lies within the statement «Among Trees is finally available on Steam and out of Early Access», and what is that in regards to the version through Epic Store?

I purchased the game back in August 6, 2020, on Epic Store, and enjoyed the game, with shallow game play, and no game lore, or goals in game, other than the cabin improvement and some equipment.

Back then, a year ago, I had hopes for more game lore, more game play and goals, so I really wonder whats going on now?

Observations about the game being "in a great place":
There's still the "reinforced plank" craftable that finds no use in any of the cabin extensions or blueprints, exactly as it was one year ago in the November 2020 version.

The watering can is magic and not connected to the hydration system at all - it doesn't need to be refilled and you can't drink from it when dying of thirst. Also, none of the food items have been updated to give any hydration whatsoever, not even berries or the soup/stew.

• Like 2