Among Trees “Early Access” available on the Epic Games Store!

Finally the game has entered Early Access and is now available on the Epic Games Store.

You’ve been supporting “Among Trees” since its Closed Pre-Alpha days and saw it grow and flourish. Thank you for your support, your bug reports, your involvement and interest in the game.

You should soon receive a key for the Epic Games Store via email (the one you provided when purchasing the Closed Pre-Alpha on Itch.io )

We thought it would be wise to remind you of some ground information and the several options presented to you as a Closed Pre-Alpha Tester:

The game will be Epic exclusive for 15 months, meaning that the game simply won’t be available for purchase on other platforms on PC. However, you can continue playing on Itch.io if you do not wish to play on Epic.

This Epic Key is individual, it is yours to use and keep!

Regardless of the option you choose now, we do not forget that when the Pre-Alpha keys were made available, we informed you that you will also receive a Steam Key, it will still be the case.

When the 15 months exclusivity deal with Epic has run its course, the game will be available on Steam, you will therefore receive a Key for that platform as well.

On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you for your tremendous support from the beginning of this journey.

• Like 7
  • Yay 3
6 hours ago, Lillphil91 said:

So if we buy into epic games, can we also get a code for steam so we dont have to purchase again?.....

Not if you buy directly on Epic Games! This "deal" is for our Closed Pre-Alpha Testers who were promised a Steam key when they purchased the closed pre alpha. Since at the time the partnership with Epic was not actual, they received an individual Epic Keys and will receive a Steam key as promised! 

15 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Hooray🤩  What's new in version 0.3.16?

That question is answered in another post on the forum 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Guys

I have a short question. You speak of 15 months of EGS exclusivity, then also on Steam. Have the 15 months started with the release of early access or does it only start with version 1.0. If the start begins after early access, would that be the case around September 2021, right?

Edited by SuperOwl
wrong date
On 1/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, SuperOwl said:

Hi Guys

I have a short question. You speak of 15 months of EGS exclusivity, then also on Steam. Have the 15 months started with the release of early access or does it only start with version 1.0. If the start begins after early access, would that be the case around 13 September 2021, right?

Yes the countdown started with the release of the Early Access on June 15th! 

So the game shall be available on other PC platforms in September 2021! 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 12:35 PM, FJRD Shep said:

So the game shall be available on other PC platforms in September 2021! 

Was only made aware of this game a few weeks ago, thought I'd wait for the Steam release expecting it this month but have just seen the release date on Steam change to '2022', is there a reason for the push back on the date?

• Dislike 1
On 9/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, DOYL3 said:

Was only made aware of this game a few weeks ago, thought I'd wait for the Steam release expecting it this month but have just seen the release date on Steam change to '2022', is there a reason for the push back on the date?

Haha, you got fooled like every one else. last time i checked on steam it said autumn 2021. no update in a while and no communication from the dev "team"... from which i still think is only one guy.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, DOYL3 said:

Well, he had time to change the release date 3 days ago, proberbly used up all his free time from developing hard. https://steamdb.info/app/897730/history/?changeid=U:25411489

• Dislike 1

The team accept valid constructive criticism. And we definitively acknowledge and recognize that the team has been too silent and absent for the past few months online.
More silent than even we would like.
In the game dev' world there is many things that goes on behind close doors and some stuff needs to be worked out and discussed before anything can go public and/or shared.

What I can say and that is true is that the team is 100% dedicated to Among Trees as it's the only project and game the studio is working on. That yes we are not a big team but this is not a "one man job" as....speculated. And that, as many people, we have had summer vacation.

That there is more "unknown" account to the CM team that unfortunately someone undeniable detective skills missed. To monitor, insure and make sure that the forum is taking care of.

That with an easy clicks we are also able to see that the fgrjeiwgjrep profile, uses an email address including the name of the game in it, has been most likely purposefully created it would seem, to downvote any newest post the members of the community is writing. And to aggressively slender the game and the team for over a year. 

But we value freedom of speech and as long as no rules has been broken fgrjeiwgjrep is welcome to pursue this course of action if they so desire.

Now that all cards are on the "table". We do have some news. We will share them once the team has properly worked on its statement.

We can however reassure you that we are as we mentioned earlier 100% dedicated to the game, that Among Trees is our only game, project so of course our only priority, that the project isn't dead and that the team is working hard on a very awaited update with new game dynamics.

The team has and is pouring its heart and soul into it but we also know that we have been more than lacking in the communication department. 
We take 100% responsibility for it and that however good our excuses from our point of view are, the facts stays the same. We failed and are failing on that.

And there's no way around it, so we won't even try to justify it with empty excuses.

• Like 1

Thanks for your anual forum posts @FJRD Shep . No, im not only here to downvote, i just don't like creating accounts for every useless forum there is, but i could send you my itch.io payment info if you doubt that i bought your game on that platform, which, as you might now, hasn't received any update since nov 2020, despite the fact that you guys stated otherwise a couple of times. Also, good for your small team, having no time to comment once a week on the forum to spend months on vacation. lol. but thanks for not trying for more empty excuses. a honest game update proberbly would help your supporters believe in you.

also @FJRD Shep , using an email including the name of the game is not for purposefully talking shit, it's commonly used on some email servers to tag incomming mail and determining who may gave your personal info away, if they are stupid enough to not know and remove something like "+tagname" from the mail address.

also, thanks for letting me still use the forum and not throw the ban hammer. im just kinda pissed off about the pretty much non existing communication and more so, not doing like you guys said.

image.png.8815c97b1831dee9fb031c686456d5f5.png

Edited by fgrjeiwgjrep
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@FJRD Shep, with all due respect, you wrote a lot of things to basically say nothing. You gotta walk the talk, as in : Give us an update and make a regular schedule on how things are going, even if they aren't moving much. At least we would know you at least care. I'm sure you do, but your lack of communication doesn't help your case.

I'm also a dev and worked (and still do) in both Indies and AAA studios and I know what developing a game implies. That doesn't justify you staying silent for seemingly no good reasons towards customers that actually paid you. I hate to be the person that use the "I paid for a product" card but you don't leave me much options.

It's like a real relationship: You have to communicate regularly to keep things going on. 

Edited by Fenix
  • Like 6
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, FJRD Shep said:

The team accept valid constructive criticism. And we definitively acknowledge and recognize that the team has been too silent and absent for the past few months online.
More silent than even we would like.
In the game dev' world there is many things that goes on behind close doors and some stuff needs to be worked out and discussed before anything can go public and/or shared.

What I can say and that is true is that the team is 100% dedicated to Among Trees as it's the only project and game the studio is working on. That yes we are not a big team but this is not a "one man job" as....speculated. And that, as many people, we have had summer vacation.

That there is more "unknown" account to the CM team that unfortunately someone undeniable detective skills missed. To monitor, insure and make sure that the forum is taking care of.

That with an easy clicks we are also able to see that the fgrjeiwgjrep profile, uses an email address including the name of the game in it, has been most likely purposefully created it would seem, to downvote any newest post the members of the community is writing. And to aggressively slender the game and the team for over a year. 

But we value freedom of speech and as long as no rules has been broken fgrjeiwgjrep is welcome to pursue this course of action if they so desire.

Now that all cards are on the "table". We do have some news. We will share them once the team has properly worked on its statement.

We can however reassure you that we are as we mentioned earlier 100% dedicated to the game, that Among Trees is our only game, project so of course our only priority, that the project isn't dead and that the team is working hard on a very awaited update with new game dynamics.

The team has and is pouring its heart and soul into it but we also know that we have been more than lacking in the communication department. 
We take 100% responsibility for it and that however good our excuses from our point of view are, the facts stays the same. We failed and are failing on that.

And there's no way around it, so we won't even try to justify it with empty excuses.

Unfortunately, your communication schedule shows everything but a 100% dedication - at least towards those of us who took the time (and a little money) to join this journey of development and feedback.

And I think leaving a little note every once in a while isn't asking too much. If there are reasons why you're taking a leave on this project for some time, why not simply say so? Just make sure to call back the by time you promised. Everything else looks quite ... disinterested.

Still hoping for news from you guys.....

• Like 1
  • FJRD unpinned this topic