Hi team! There are few suggestions/ideas:

1. Instead of discarding something without a chance to use it later, it could be dropping items on the floor/ground. In this case we can harvest the staff later.

2.  Maybe it would be more comfortable to use a right/left mouse click instead of E for the picking up things. 

Thanks for such a colorful world ☺️

Edited by Tatiayera
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Tatiayera said:

1. Instead of discarding something without a chance to use it later, it could be dropping items on the floor/ground. In this case we can harvest the staff later.

The problem is that then you won't need storage boxes. However, I agree that it feels weird to discard things and they disappear.

33 minutes ago, Tatiayera said:

2.  Maybe it would be more comfortable to use a right/left mouse click instead of E for the picking up things. 

We want to keep the left mouse button for tools such as the axe. The right mouse button could work though.

2 hours ago, FJRD said:

The problem is that then you won't need storage boxes. However, I agree that it feels weird to discard things and they disappear.

Perhaps items that can be burned can be used as fuel (like rope, leafs), and a prompt to confirm discard would be great (with values in case more than one of such item). 

2 hours ago, FJRD said:

We want to keep the left mouse button for tools such as the axe. The right mouse button could work though.

Picking up items with E is great, I think just being able to change your own controls would be fine rather than globally changing to right mouse. 

• Like 1

I think storage box mechanics doesn't discard drop mechanics. I have possibily to drop items and keeping them in  the storage boxes in other survival games like TLD or Don't Starve. If you have possibility to drop loot on the cabin floor - you don't need storage box but without it your cabin will be a complete mess. It's just a more comfortable and logical way to play. At this moment I would put discard mechanics to "minus" column. Of course survival game shouldn't be nice and comfortable but you should make it harder other way - by adding a Thirst for example.

On 7/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, FJRD said:

Sometimes I collected a bunch of stuff and on my way home I get hungry, I see a mushroom on the ground and I want to eat it but I can't because my inventory is full, if I want to eat it I have to discard some of my stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, FJRD said:

no. we'd STILL need storage areas. they are far more convenient. not to mention leaving stuff everywhere clutters up the place.