Roadmap - Check this before posting

44 minutes ago, FJRD Shep said:

It is kept up to date! 
But as always is subjected to changes! 

Hello Shep Thank you for your reply. For me, the roadmap ends in summer 2020. The last entry is in September with the New soundtrack additions. It could be that I just don't know how the roadmap works.

• 5 months later...

The road map does not explain what each piece will be so its hard to know if what we are asking is in that roadmap.

I unlocked everything within 6 hours of game play 😞

1) The fox is to easy to get. Make us search on the map to find it. Also make it like the extra rooms where you need materials to unlock it. Maybe some fish to prove you can fish and feed your new fury friend?

2) Hunting, I know some people are against this. So add a third play type to the game. Leave Stannard and Zen and just add a Hunting or Survival one for the ones that want to hunt.

3) The rooms are too easy to unlock to early in the game. Add Day requirements so you cant unlock a certain room till Day X. Example: Make the brewery not unlockable till Day 30.

4) Make it so we can mark notes on the map.

5) Let us pick the location of our cabin

6) Multiplayer, let us play with friends. Either share a cabin or possible have our own.

7) More rooms.... Need more storage. A blacksmith would be awesome!

8 Maybe tame horses or something to ride around on? 

• 1 month later...

1. Change the fox to a dog and let it level as it is fed or finds loot.

2. Introduce some catfish and bass to the lakes and make them diff sizes. 

3. Take away all the fog in game except for certain areas. It will look more beautiful.

4. Mark notes on map (above me mentioned this)

5. Take away some shrubbery around the fir trees. We lose sticks and lumber when they fall into shrubs.

6. Add some better stacking on items. Such as jute rope etc.. 20 on a space would be better.

7. Add a shovel in Tools and let us dig for worms to use for bait. Add some nice looking lures also.

8.Let us customize the outside of our cabin. Like adding flowers, painting the cabin, a walkway, and building a pond.(I am a landscaper,  gardener, and fishing person) LOL!

9. Painting the inside of the cabin. In tools, you can add a paintbrush and mix dyes for colors....

• Like 2
On 7/30/2021 at 4:28 AM, Jynx said:

2. Introduce some catfish and bass to the lakes and make them diff sizes. 

7. Add a shovel in Tools and let us dig for worms to use for bait. Add some nice looking lures also.

I like those ideas a lot 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, aconite said:

I really love this game. I feel like im walking in a painting. I would like to see a wood stove/fireplace implemented. A cozy fire is real relaxing and adds ambiance.

Can only agree! A fireplace have been suggested several times, the team has noted it down! 

• 3 weeks later...

So that roadmap has been all but abandoned, right? The newest entries are now well over a year old, there's no substantial planned new features or expansions on it, and as far as I can see none of the entries from the May update have ever made it onto it. Are they using something else to track progress now, or does that mean we're nearing feature completion?

Edited by Rineux
  • 1 month later...
On 10/4/2021 at 4:00 PM, Rineux said:

So that roadmap has been all but abandoned, right? The newest entries are now well over a year old, there's no substantial planned new features or expansions on it, and as far as I can see none of the entries from the May update have ever made it onto it. Are they using something else to track progress now, or does that mean we're nearing feature completion?

This is the end of the line. Basically they did a little clean up over the last half year, release this current version on steam, will roll out 1 or 2 hotfixes and then move on to new projects.

I feel like they took the money from Epic, realized not many people actually bought the game and then cut their losses by secretly starting to work on their new project and just doing what is necessary on this game to not get in any legal trouble.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Blowfeld said:

This is the end of the line. Basically they did a little clean up over the last half year, release this current version on steam, will roll out 1 or 2 hotfixes and then move on to new projects.

I feel like they took the money from Epic, realized not many people actually bought the game and then cut their losses by secretly starting to work on their new project and just doing what is necessary on this game to not get in any legal trouble.

I will bet you Epic either "A" bought their dev studio and are dissolving studio under epic games or "B"  are in a dev/ publisher partnership or "C" closing dev studio team and moving dev members to work on various projects under Epic or to make a similar game as Among Trees on bigger scale that is branded a Epic game or create a more monetized version.