FJRD

Patch 0.3.24 June 29, 2020

10 hours ago, FJRD Shep said:

We have planned to do several of the things you are mentioning! In our autumn update:
-Pet: First Iteration
-A Brewery Extension

So looking forward to this one!!

• Yay 1

I have found a few invisible walls in the north area, mainly they are close to the outer perimeter wall but some are inland.

As much as I love the Idea and atmosphere of this game, there really isn't much to it. I bought it a few days ago and I'm on day 70 with full storage, everything crafted, Turnips and Beetroots grown and the map fully uncovered with camp sites all around the map.

A few things I would like to point out are, There needs to be more upgrades to your home, more storage, more Tools, clothes and backpacks to craft, i.e. Camoflage to avoid the bears, Bow to hunt animals with the bears being a bigger challenge, Honey trap for the bear, Water catchment system to build, Campfires should be reusable by adding wood, not just sticks as fuel why not anything that  burns? ability to craft a raft to escape (Complete the game) or to travel to islands?

4 hours ago, JKay6969 said:

I have found a few invisible walls in the north area, mainly they are close to the outer perimeter wall but some are inland.

As much as I love the Idea and atmosphere of this game, there really isn't much to it. I bought it a few days ago and I'm on day 70 with full storage, everything crafted, Turnips and Beetroots grown and the map fully uncovered with camp sites all around the map.

A few things I would like to point out are, There needs to be more upgrades to your home, more storage, more Tools, clothes and backpacks to craft, i.e. Camoflage to avoid the bears, Bow to hunt animals with the bears being a bigger challenge, Honey trap for the bear, Water catchment system to build, Campfires should be reusable by adding wood, not just sticks as fuel why not anything that  burns? ability to craft a raft to escape (Complete the game) or to travel to islands?

I would imagine that these ideas are already being considered, although for me I don't feel the need to escape, I want to build the Home even bigger, I love the idea of the added extentions to the home so far and hope for more and more of these until I have a Mansion 🙂

The idea for escape was more to give the game some sort of end game as currently I've done it all and now have nothing keeping me playing after only 13 hours, perhaps with additional content and clever systems you could potentially mould the game to keep you interested and keep playing but I don't think that's possible with the limited scope of this game.

Thank you for your thoughts! Yes the game being in Early Access at the moment does not present all the features "it should" (and that it will) 

For our next big update coming this autumn we will implement:

-A Brewery Extension
-Improved Environment Variation
-Improved Loot Area Visuals and Variation
-Outfits Visuals
-Hydration System (Taken from the Community's Suggestions)
-New Loot Items
-New Cabin Decorations

For the Winter 2020/2021 update:

-Beekeeping Extension
-Story: First Iteration
-Wildlife 2.0
-Pet: Second Iteration
-Fishing System Improvement

You can find and follow the Roadmap here!

3 hours ago, FJRD Shep said:

Thank you for your thoughts! Yes the game being in Early Access at the moment does not present all the features "it should" (and that it will) 

For our next big update coming this autumn we will implement:

-A Brewery Extension
-Improved Loot Area Visuals and Variation
-Outfits Visuals
-Hydration System (Taken from the Community's Suggestions)
-New Loot Items
-New Cabin Decorations

For the Winter 2020/2021 update:

-Beekeeping Extension
-Story: First Iteration
-Wildlife 2.0
-Pet: Second Iteration
-Fishing System Improvement

You can find and follow the Roadmap here!

squee* We are so excited to hear this!!! Hoping we can tame a fox and maybe befriend an owl...? New craft items: bird feeder and bird bath! Feeding stall for deer, maybe an observation platform...?

Loving the idea of a brewery system, here‘s hoping for coffee (chicory!!! Or coffee bean loot!!!) and maybe some sweet berry wine or met.

For cabin decorations maybe we could build a generator and create some light fixings...? Or (fish)oil based lamps? Or the most obvious, make candles...? 

Also it would be great if we could draw on the map!!!! Maybe make stamps (fir plank + steel wire) and then make stamps for the different loot items to stamp the map with!!

And with those big updates in autumn and winter do you think it’ll erase our game data... *gulp*

Much love from Germany,

Mue & Snowfox

Really love the game and i can't wait for updates! I'm IN LOVE WITH IT AND I CANT STOP XD! I would love to see the game having a multiplayer side so we can share fun together! Keep going guys! Much love! ❤️

Well, yeah. The vast majority of gamedev is figuring out how to implement or execute an idea. Whether it's an animation, a gameplay loop, or a diagetic interface, the limit is always the human creative/problem solving process. Add to the fact that writing code often means building it in anticipation of the need to build, modify, or optimize on a system later on without breaking everything and you've got a good recipe for a lengthy update cycle. 

But I have faith in them right now, keep it up FJRD!