Greenhouse and plants

I have more plants in my greenhouse than I can eat. Now that they're grown, it appears they no longer need water.

I like the idea that plants can live there until I harvest them, but I think we should have to continue watering them.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AfterShoQ said:

I have more plants in my greenhouse than I can eat. Now that they're grown, it appears they no longer need water.

I like the idea that plants can live there until I harvest them, but I think we should have to continue watering them.

Interesting idea! I'll have to think about this one for a bit.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May I suggest an alteration to the watering mechanics altogether? I found the plants instantly dying when running out of water to be quite frustrating...

Why not have two timers for the plants: one for growth (as before), one for life (somewhat longer lasting). The first runs out, when the water level reaches zero. Immediately, the life timer takes over. Plants stop growing, but continue to live as long as they are re-watered within the life timer. This way, the penalty for not keeping your plants watered at all times is somewhat more forgiving (and realistic).

Fully grown plants do not need the growth timer any more, but could be kept alive and well for later pickings using the same mechanics.

So a regular routine of watering your plants once a day (or even only every second day) will yield less harvest (due to longer growing times), but not instantly ruin your crops if you're a couple minutes too late.

• 2 weeks later...